Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Desire for Literature

I stopped into Jeanne Heuving's Approaches to Textual Studies seminar the other night to discuss Books I and II of Paterson. Starting at about 44 minutes in, Jeanne had some valuable insights into the Marcia Nardi letters of which I have a short clip (I'll have to have more of a one-on-one interview with her to pull these insights out a little more). As well, the class provided some lively points along the way. If you would like to hear the rest of the conversation, click here.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous theorg1995@aol.com said...

Joe:

This is Teddy Graham. I was overwhelmed, delighted, amazed,
thrilled, tickled, over-stimulated,
made antsy, motivated to do-it-myself, inspired, and totally thankful to Al Filreis for pointing
me to your work just the day before I headed to the WCWS Conference. All I can say/write--
and you know "all" in my case is
ordinarily quite a lot--is thank
you for making my academic life (&
maybe life in general)worth the effort--again.

Hyperbole? Nope. Lately, I've been saying only what I mean . . . or else I sit quietly, observe, laugh outloud, shake my head, and/or disappear.

What I also want to say is keep going on with this project and whatever eventuates and then eventuates again and again. There's
no stopping. You've started . . . and the rest will, sooner or later, be history. Thank god. I just hope you don't have to wait as long a WCW waited and is still waiting.

A MacArthur Award should be in the
offing. You need funding to do what you need/want to do. How can
I help?

Teddy

7:40 AM, July 02, 2009  
Blogger Joe Milutis said...

Teddy-
been meaning to get back to you! sorry to have left the conference early. We'll talk soon.
Joe

9:10 PM, July 15, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home